Monday, October 31, 2016

Lacy Veach Day of Discovery

I volunteered to help out with a circuits workshop at the Astronaut Lacy Veach Day of Discovery. This event is held at the Punahou campus because Lacy Veach was a graduate of the school. After the workshop (we held two sessions), I got to walk around spent some time at the Polynesian Voyaging Society display. I had a long conversation with one of the PVS volunteers - I asked how the Navigation Circle worked. Prior to this conversation, I wasn't sure how the circle worked - was it stationary, or did it rotate with the vessel? How did the iwa in the middle work? Well... I think it was truly fitting that I became educated on this central Polynesian Navigating tool at the Lacy Veach Day of Discovery! Although I didn't get to see everything (I missed the drones), I did get to see some fish (both dead and alive). Nice event! I'm glad I volunteered to help! Oh - one more thing - Noe dissected a squid - I'll post pictures when I down load those.

No comments: