Monday, September 4, 2017

Fixed the Big Green Egg

My egg had an under bite that was driving me nuts.  I ended up unbolting everything twice over the past couple of years and after several uses, the under bite would come back.  I was reading on the internet and found that Big Green Egg changed the band set from a rear spring assist to the side spring assist that the larger sized units use.  I picked one up and installed it yesterday.







If ease of installation and the first opening are indicators of how this band system will ultimately work out, this is going to be awesome!!!  The bands went on easily and the springs really only worked to slow down the lid once was almost opened.  I'll track the alignment over the next several weeks, but I'm hopeful that this new system will end the shifting alignment.  Time to cook more with the Egg!!!

No comments: