Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Backyard Fishing




Had some time to burn after work.

I tried pitching a big lure to see if there were any Trevally roaming the waters behind my room - none.

I switched out the spinning rod for the flyrod and cast out a bonefish bitter and a green scud - nothing.

I resorted to the fail safe - squid. I caught 1 small grouper, 2 snappers, 3 sergeant majors and 2 humuhumunukunukuapuaa on a size 8 hook - lots of fun!!! (ALL CAUGHT AND RELEASED).

The circle hooks really do engage on the lip - these fish were all happy and healthy when let back in the water.

I also caught one ama crab with my line - it was actually pinching the line and didn't want to let go.

These are the spots where I was catching the fish.

These terns were watching the whole time.

Nice way to wind down from work!

No comments: