Monday, November 14, 2011

Blue Trevally Sunday




If I didn't already mention it, I stepped on a Sea Urchin last Wednesday and my left foot has swollen up. Walking has been painful and for the last three workdays I've had to walk miles for a site visit. I'm getting better now, but this weekend was challenging.

That is relevant because Sunday was a marathon fishing session - 5 hours at the secret spot where Mike and I both landed Bluefin Trevally (Omilu), his being bigger than mine. Then another 2 hours at the Rock Pier, where we both caught Bluefin Trevally, his being bigger than mine. It's a good thing I don't have size complexities - a lesser man would have been upset.

By the time we were done (the fish kept taunting us to stay), my foot was jiggling with built up fluid. Some Motrin and elevation made me feel tons better and now there is a bunch of fish in my fridge for dinner this week - Panko Trevally, Green Thai Curry Trevally, Drunken Trevally.....

And yes that picture of me does show me with one rod in hand and two on the back - for the record, I did not even go back to shore to drop off the fish (I got Mike to do that). I did cast the fly around, but I did not get any followers this time. I think I was making too much noise with my bad foot and the subsequent limping.

There is always next week!

No comments: