Friday, June 12, 2015

Gotcha!!! Four to Hand!!!

Instead of doing laundry right after work, I decided to see if anybody wanted to play tug-o-war. I set out with a really pink bucktail jig with ambitions to put a hook in the lip of a decent bonefish. I got to the gravel grounds (where these jigs get caught in crevices in limestone) and switched to a 3/8 ounce brass kastmaster - and the catching began! I ended up catching four of these papio. I lost another (that was bigger - actually pulled against the drag) because a smallish spotted eagle ray caught me off guard (I saw it before it plowed into my leg - and at that point the papio took advantage of the slack I gave it and wah-wah-wah....). Nice way to start off the weekend! Oh - and I did my laundry after I finished fishing - man can I prioritize!!!

No comments: