Monday, December 23, 2013

"It's the LAST _______ I'll ever buy..."

The world's most pitiful plee. At least from me.About every six months or so, I end up telling (asking) La that I'm about to get something new that I haven't saved up for. In the past this has included a prone paddleboard, a kitesurfing kite, and various other items to produce stoke. I usually start the plea with "I have found the end all be all (put appropriate piece of equipment/toy here), and it will be the last one I ever get". That last part is just pitiful - but it comes out every time. As you can probably tell from the flavor of the blog posts I've been making since I have been involuntarily dry docked (i.e., the Navy stationed me away from surf again), my latest diversion has been flyfishing. Well - I told La again that a rare opportunity came up in the form of a Performance Fly Rods Small Stream Trout Rod by Dave Lewis. A 6'6" 3 piece 3/4 weight highly acclaimed fiberglass casting device that is nearing perfection. Dave passed a few years back, but the fiberglass fly rodders fondly remember his exquisite work. I pulled out the credit card and this will be in my hands in a few days....I can tell I have reached a state of lunacy and irrational behavior when I break out the "last time" plea... I need help (or at least the patience of a loving/forgiving wife), or at the very least a much better "I'm about to use the credit card" line.

No comments: