Saturday, December 28, 2013

More Fiberglass Rod Casting Feedback

I also brought out the Barclay Glass 3wt so I could switch back and forth between it and the Lewis Performance 3/4wt. The Barclay feels like a much lighter rod in hand despite the longer length. Casting wise I felt like the 3wt WF line I was casting was a hair light - I'm going to have to switch lines to see if I can optimize it's performance. Before I cast the Lewis, this was my favorite casting rod - I am sure I'll find the sweet spot soon enough. It might also be that the beadhead killer bug I had tied on to the Lewis was heavier and worked better with that setup. I had used a micro popper and a micro gurgler on the Barclay - much lighter flies. I am going to have a blast experimenting with line/rod/leader length/fly type combinations to fine tune casting performance!

No comments: