Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Carnage and Destruction

There was a prolonged high wind event that hit the Windward side of Oahu on Friday night into Saturday. I went to see what had happened on Sunday morning. There were tree limbs and signs knocked down all over the place. At Kaneohe's Marina (MCBH), nine boats broke free from their moorings and the bolt-together jet docks all came undone. Since I was over there, I also wet a line. I broke out the spinning gear and used a Makata Minnow Strip on a small number 10 circle hook. I got to play tug-o-war with one of these small barracuda (kaku), but when I figured something wasn't right with the food it just ate, it promptly let go. Some fight is better than no fight I'll take what I can get. Here's a similar sized kaku chasing some real minnows around.

No comments: