Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Sailing Day




The forecast for yesterday called for marginal kiting winds so I hooked the boat up. I started telling the kids that we were going sailing and they asked to SUP instead.

I told them that they were going to go sailing and that they would like it - but that I would also bring out their SUPs and they could have fun with them too.

We ended up going to Henderson Point (last spot of land before crossing the Bay of St Louis Bridge here in Southern Mississippi).

Getting the boat down to beach level from the road was not too bad (swung the ramps over) but the drop height looked to be challenging for the return trip.

We got the boat rigged and I took the kids out for a run - 10.7 mph under jib and main alone.

From there, I did another 3 runs shuttling friends back and forth. The wind backed down for the second run, but slowly picked up for the third and forth runs. I used the screacher on the last three runs and by the last run with La, we hit 13.7 mph - there were barely whitecaps on the water.

Meanwhile, the kids on the beach were all over the place on their SUPs. Put them in wetsuits and their fear goes away - they were way offshore at times just buzzing around.

Fun Saturday!!!

No comments: