Sunday, February 27, 2011

FINALLY!!!!




The wind and my timing converged today -

Usually I see the wind from my office window, and I have to keep on working. Or - I'm not working and the wind is not up. This problem was compounded by the fact I had a 2011 Cabrihna 16m^2 Crossbow, a 2011 CrazyFly Raptor and a recently finished lightwind kiteboard all sitting in the garage staring at me and planting images of perfect conditions and me ripping the heck out of the water with these tools...

Ahhh to go to me happy place...

No need to daydream today - right at 1300 the wind jumped from 8 mph to 11 mph and with that, La launched me and with barely a whitecap in the water (see the picture with the board I made in use - smooth water) I was cruising! The big Crossbow was incredible!!!!

I rotated out the boards and the CrazyFly Raptor was also a winner! The combination of the Raptor, the Crossbow and the wind (by that time 13-16 mph) made for some wicked high jumps - nothing crazy - 12' vertical with 20' across ground.

We stayed most of the day at the beach - I haven't been this sunburnt or this sore for months!!!!

And I can't wipe the smile off my face - it's good to be stoked again!

No comments: