Friday, March 13, 2009

Decking glued up on the Paipo

Both the top and bottom are all glued up.

I may have to do some cosmetic surgery on the top deck... the two halves were not jointing properly (I guess I waited too long to start the gluing - 3 years and varying environments = warping; just funny that it was only these two central planks and no others). I ended up using a jigsaw to cut through both layers in order to get the two halves to come together tightly.

Well, it was dark, cold, there was poor lighting and a few times I got off track. Hopefully the glue I'm using (came with the kit) will solve the problem. It is colored or has some sort of filler in it.

Anyways - tomorrow morning when the clamps come off, I'll see what the damage is.

If I have time, I'll get a 2x6, a 2x4 and start setting up the rocker table.

No comments: