Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Next please...




I'm holding a class at work (after hours of course) to raise funds for a picnic/tshirts/ballcaps/etc (no - were not using any government resources to do this except some space - all tools belong to either me or the group members shaping).

Here are a few pictures of the newest board emerging from the foam ether... It's going to be an egg with a 2+1 setup. I'm still debating about standard futures for sidebiters, or going with C5 boxes and fins (a la Andreini 'Vaqueros de las Olas') - there's time before I have to make a decision, but I am already leaning towards the regular SBs for versatility (the tail is going to be round instead of squared).

Yeah I know there is a straight section in the port rail - a little sandpaper will take care of that. Besides - perfect symmetry is for boring people who are ambidextrous (or goofy-regulars) - I prefer my boards to have character. Rails and templates to accentuate and capitalize on the strengths and weaknesses of my front and back sides (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

This one says 'vibrant green' to me. Maybe vibrant green lateral stripes on a really dark green base.

Any how - stay tuned as the shaping class continues....

No comments: