Monday, March 9, 2009

Blast from the past





It's been a while since I posted on this -

The Grain 'Leaf' Paipo board. Last we visited this project, I had just finished gluing up the ribs and spine. Knowing my days here in California are numbered, I figured I need to get this thing put together (as the movers would surely trash an unfinished board in packing/shipment).

Also - it'd be nice to have another wood board in the quiver (albeit swim fin powered and of the belly variety - the Alaia will be an awesome wall-hanging tribute to surfing history, at least until I can get the rails tuned up and my shoulders in shape for paddling it).

Here's the top deck planks being glued up. I figure I'll finish the top deck tomorrow, and use Wednesday and Thursday to glue up the bottom deck. Time permitting, cut out the rough outline from the bottom deck and put it all aside again until I get back from travel.

I'll need to make some PVC spring clamps also before going full swing.

Humans need to be busy, ehh?

No comments: