Yesterday afternoon I put in more time to getting pieces and parts lined up. I used the bench sander to get the kitefoil front wing and two fuselages roughed in.
I tried sanding down the reinforcement blocks (for the mast tracks) with the bench sander, but it was taking longer than I wanted. I cleared the scrolled saw (serves as a garage shelf when not in immediate use) and set it up to trim the blocks. It worked perfectly!
Next steps here (as this now makes 5 concurrent projects) are using the random orbital sander to fair in the foil parts, and using the plunge router to clear a void for the mast track boxes to fit in.