Sunday, August 12, 2018

August 12, 2018 Dawn Patrol

The swell was still pushing energy in this morning.  From reading a bit more, this swell seems to be leftover Hector energy???  Maybe the back side of the storm... in any case - FUN WAVES on the dawn patrol!!!


I did bring out the Greedy Beaver this morning.  I also changed out the Vector Futures for glass Eric Arakawas.  The board completely changed for me with the new fins - drive and carve - so nice...  Proof that simplifying things is often the better option - that or since I've been surfing this template for a very long time, it just works better for me.


I caught a bunch in the middle break in front of the MWR building side.  This board is definitely not a standard, conventional shortboard.  With it's wide nose, straight rails, wide hips and rounded pin tail, this is pretty much everything I love about a great longboard - just in a shorter package for days where you don't want to have the extra length.  If I haven't said it before, I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!



No comments: