Monday, August 6, 2018

Hauling a 7th Hull

The kids had a couple of regattas this weekend and I hauled the boats to Kaneohe.  There was a need for a 7th hull for the Saturday race and the team didn't want to pull a second trailer - Super Truck to the rescue!!!!

I finally got a chance to rig up the double hitch receiver and the Thule Goalpost Hitch Rack!








The setup worked, but since the rack was now subject to the motions of the trailer (both connected to the dual receiver), I did notice some lateral motion in the rear rack.  Not a big deal, but something to be aware of if you plan on using a similar setup.

Everything else was as normal - great teamwork and an enjoyable day of sailing (for everyone but me - I ended up doing some hydrofoil research and helping at the CSSH Plant Show - but those are separate blog entries).



On the way back I ended up bringing the 7th hull back and the motion issue was not there - confirms the trailer was the variable.


No comments: