Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fishing Report 8/10/2014

I've really been jonesing to get this rod out on the water - the Scott F2 "Japan Special". I finally found a place to test it out and lined it up with a RIO Gold WF3. Picked up two Bluegill from a lake with brackish water. The coloration was different on these guys - more silver and a lot less orange. The guys sharing the dock with me was pulling up blue crabs and I saw a bunch of mullet jumping. Peering into the water, I saw several fingerling bass - none big enough to take my fly, but they were in the lake. This Scott is very sssssslllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwww - you need to really let the rod do the work or your casts will not unfurl the line. I did not get a chance to try the rod out with a DT3, but I'll keep my eye out for other ponds once we settle in down south (WHO AM I KIDDING - INDIAN RIVER BOUND and I plan on stalking with an 8wt in hand during the waking hours!!!!)

No comments: