Wednesday, August 6, 2014

ULI Special Edition Gerry Lopez 9'0"

So here is the other new board in the ohana - the ULI Special Edition Lopez Model. Futures Fins inserts, Wiki rail, ballistic nylon carrying handle, lighter material and Gerry's template. This board pumped up to 18 psi in no time. And here is my first wave on the board - it is similar in stability to the ULI FAQ, but the thruster configuration and the wiki rail gave this board tremendous responsiveness!!! I did get some non-closeout waves later in the day and I found my balance point pretty quickly. I really like the template - this is a great board and I am looking forward to shredding many a wave with this!!! With the removable fins (and the boxes being Futures), the wiki rail which sharpens the trailing edge, and the continued durability/indestructability, my search for the perfect surfing SUP is over - this is THE BEST SUP I HAVE EVER SURFED!!!

2 comments: