Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last Sunday -






I know - I have haven't posted in over a week and when I do I'm using pictures from 3 days ago - give me a break!!!

Anyways - here's pictures from last Sunday. I took the alaia out for the first time. I caught a few prone, and tried to standup on a few (fell - in a manner that fully humiliated me, maybe humbled is a better word - but hey, that's why I like alternative surf devices... the humble feeling of learning to surf, again, in a different manner, is what makes surfing as fun as it was the first time).

And as usual these days - playing with the Walden Standup. I took out the 2+1 setup (Futures SB3s for the side biters and an 8" Norm Flex from True Ames), and tried the board with a set of Rainbow Fin Co Bamboo quads. Fun setup for a pitifully small day of surf. Even though the surf was small, it was another beautiful day for playing at the beach (and isn't that what life is about anyways...)

Thanks for reading my vents (offgassing for you non-divers, or catharsis for all you ancient Greek dudes out there in cyberland)!

No comments: