Friday, October 5, 2012

RAM Rod Tubes and 1.5" Mounting Ball

If you check out the walk through video on Youtube for the 2013 Cuda (Jackson Kayaks) you'll see that they have placed #10 screw mounts in areas where you would want to attach accessories (like RAM rod tubes and GoPro cameras that use #10 screws through conventional GoPro mounts). Well - I checked on Jackson's website and they sell the 1.5" ball mounts and the 2008 model RAM Rod Tubes - and the inserts that support the high seat mounts on the Big Tuna also fit the 1.5" mounts. That means you can use these same tube/mount setup that comes on the 2013 models on your 2012 (but you are limited to where the seat holders would be). Next I'll start looking for the inserts (Lowes or Home Depot) and see if I can install them in other spots. Or I'll just save myself the trouble and install yakattack GT90s. We'll see what works better.

No comments: