Friday, September 4, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/4/2026

I got off work a little early today and the wind was blowing nicely.  The surf was breaking over the revetment at the end of the runway - so it was a good call to go to Hickam (and not have to paddle out through the whitewater and breaking waves at WPB).

Matt and Harris were also there setting up.


Same gear as the past few sessions - Cabrinha Prestige 905/160 and the BRM S3 4.2m parawing.


So not bothering with going outside into the smash fest, I focused on executing tacks.


You can see the ones I made on the outside turn - and the more I did them the easier it was getting (same discussion as many times before - its just weird how this same move can always seem difficult without practice).  I also made sure to try several tacks on the inside turn.  I got a couple of those as well.


The wind was acting up - a big hole on the outer edge, and lots of commotion on the water with not a lot of push (swirly and gusty).  The 4.2 was the right call even though I could have been on the 3.4 and the 5.3 at times.


It is fun getting the muscle memory down for both tacks! 


PF:11/W:3/PW:106/FD:61/S:25

No comments: