Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/2/2026

The surf got big today - and the wind was supposed to be blowing strong (spoiler alert - it wasn't blowing nearly as hard as the forecasts were saying it would).

The waves were close to closing out.  And they were breaking even harder with the lower tide.


I used the same equipment that I have been using over the past few sessions.


But - the conditions were pretty extreme - gusty wind, pitching surf and lots of chop on the surface.


Kalani was headed in as I was paddling out.

I got out, parawinged around, got dropped by the wind a few times, made it back up on foil and decided to head in before the wind dropped.

At this point, Roland was paddling out.


I did catch a couple of waves, but you couldn't ride them for a long time - otherwise I would become one with a pitching lip.

Despite these challenges, this was a fun session!


Nice correlation between these two charts.

I made it back in without too much trouble.  As did Kalani and eventually Roland. 


This may be the last parawing session for a bit.

PF:11/W:3/PW:105/FD:61/S:25

No comments: