Sunday, March 15, 2020

Evening Session - 3/15/2020

We double dipped today!!!  Second session I brought out the 5'6" foilboard and the Maliko 200 on the short mast.  The tide was somewhere between 0.9' to 1.2' - deep enough that I didn't really have to worry about grounding.  The wind was coming from the SE and you could see squalls riding the visible horizon.


Marlon was trying tricks again.  I definitely had the correct equipment out - this setup was perfect from the get go.  I caught ten in an hour and a half - long rides with minimal pumping, just gliding along and when a section showed or I got close to the beach, I'd crank a carving turn and dismount.  Too much fun!!!


I also got a couple of pump returns as a bonus - I could have taken the first return wave for a 2 for 1, but I just took the ride back out.  One of the squalls finally caught us and we called it!  Really fun session that proved the right gear makes all the difference. 

No comments: