Monday, March 23, 2020

Tuning in the Rails

We worked on the boards again this afternoon.  I helped Marlon get his rail bands cut, and then got him through the dragon skin work.  I forgot to take a picture, but it looked like he was getting confident using the planer.  We dialed in the rails and got some of the deck faired in also.



I did the same in the asymmetric fish.  I got the toe side rail adjusted so it is straighter (and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye); and the heel side tweaked.  I'm trying to preserve as much volume as possible - it is rather small... This is going to be one sick ride!!!  Tomorrow I want to get some more work done on the foilboard, but then we will be fairing in the decks and sanding screens - this should get us to fin placement and glassing.  At this rate, we'll be sanding the boards this weekend.

No comments: