Saturday, March 28, 2020

Afternoon Surf - 3/28/2020

Marlon did come this afternoon.  Went back to the same place.  The wind was up, but it wasn't blowing the waves apart.  The tide was pretty high at 1.2'.


The swell was pumping - chest if not head high on the sets.



I brought out the Go Foil 24.5" mast with the track adapter, then placed the GL180 and Kai tail wings.  This setup feels great!  I caught tons of waves.  The GL180 takes of more like the Armstrong 1600 - I have time to get to my feet and pop the front wing up.  I was setup to have done two 2 for11s but didn't connect the dots (yet).  The wing feels like it is in between the Iwa (controllable lift) and the Maliko 200 (gliding through the flat spots).  I also lucked out with dropping the mast track onto the right place - balanced out the gate.


Marlon had a good time - smiles abound!!!

No comments: