Saturday, March 28, 2020

Morning Surf - 3/28/2020 and the Everyday

I got up early, but Marlon wanted to pass on the dawn patrol so I cancelled the op.  However, while I was drinking coffee, I kept looking out the window and there was no wind.  So an hour after I decided not to go, I went ahead and loaded up the Firewire TJ Everyday and headed to the beach.


Some of the regulars from White Plains were out.  The waves at this spot were really fun - a lot steeper and more energy that our normal break.  I had several really long rides that had stacked walls - I was done in an hour (did not want to over stay my welcome - new break etiquette).


I took out the TJ Everyday because I wanted to take the wax off and check out the condition of the board.  This thing is definitely bulletproof - not a pressure ding after almost five years of multiple trips to the break per week.  I love these timbertek boards!



I also swapped out the sidebites to some tiny 2.5" True Ames - this should make the turns more dependent on the center fin (which is a flex high aspect ratio).



I'll rewax this board sometime over the next few days (never rush your wax job).

No comments: