Monday, April 4, 2011

Sailing Sunday




Sunday the wind was supposed to hit 25 (in the gusts) - but the forecast Sunday morning had the winds lower than 20.

Roger, myself, Bill (Whitmire) and Stan-O (Wiles) went out around 1145 and the wind was a solid 15 mph. The engine choked up pulling out of the dock - we had just gone over a drill to throw out the anchor if something like that happened - self fulfilling prophecy???

We hit 14.5 mph on the way out to Cat Island (upwind) and 15.9 on the way back (broadreach).

The beaches were relatively clean (no visible oil) and the weather was as nice as it could be.

Not so good backing down from Cat - prop dug and popped the transom - fiberglass repair time.

It was great crewing for Roger on the F28 these past couple of years. I learned a lot that I hope to be able to apply in the future on my own F-boat (and on my Weta).

No comments: