Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013 - Not Skunked!!!

These aren't easy to see, but it's all I got as far as records of today's catch. I tied up replacements for the popper and sabiki flies I lost yesterday and brought a few more to boot. I brought the Uli FAQ back out this morning to try and redeem myself. I did intend to bring a bucket to keep anything that I would want to gyotaku alive until I was ready to go home, but I forgot it in my excitement to go fishing. I used a pink squirmy wormy fly on a size 14 hook and nailed several bluegill and a couple of bass before that fly got sent to fly heaven (I'm not sure where that is, but that's where my fly is). I paddled around after I finished fishing to scope out more hot spots. I saw some really good sized bass swimming around the part of the lake I normally stare at as I fish from the dock. The Nissin Fine Mode Japanese style flyfishing rod I have performed like a champ! Awesome morning of fishing!!!

No comments: