Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fishing Report 6/5/2014

Brought out the Airrite Feelex II (7'0", 3 piece 3 weight) lined with a WF3F RIO Gold. This rod is super slow and that is why I really LOVE it! It feels so good casting and even better fighting a 5" bluegill. All takes were on a single fly today - the same brass beadhead, hackle collared hot pink nymph-ish (I have to come up with a better name for the fly). I caught a bunch of bluegill and one small largemouth bass. Ounce for ounce, I am convinced that Bluegill are the hardest fighting fish in the world - they are just small so their punch is compact. If bluegill got any bigger, dogs and humans swimming in lakes would be fish food. I'll declare a truce for all of humanity with the league of bluegills - I'll continue to catch and release them with fly gear, and they won't grow big enough to eat human children and mammals smaller than 100 pounds. No need to thank me - I'm just fishing!

No comments: