Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Haiku Happy

So I entered a contest recently. The contest was to come up with a haiku (5-7-5) that made the contest sponsor feel like they were on the flats trying to catch bonefish. Here are my entries (none of which were good enough to win - I wonder if I was at least one of the first losers or if these suck and I was at the back of the pack. Ahhh whatever - I didn't need that cool prize anyways - and I bet it was the wrong color (just kidding - I like haikus and I hope YOU like them, mine, too). The positioning of the these are going to be screwed up by this new blogger format (where you can't space paragraphs out anymore, but despite the setback, Enjoy!!! Tan Bonefish Bitter Strong Fluorocarbon leader Smoking eight weight reel // Fly fishing for bones Smiling the entire time Nothing is better // Aquatic mirage I felt you take my fly Now you are both gone // Bonefish I see you All sleek, silver and shiny Three two one fish on!!! // Barely visible I try my best to woo you You laugh at me hard // Peeling off backing You are heading for the rocks I am left broken // Blue sky warm water Light breeze and willing bonefish Simple perfection

No comments: