Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stopping the Bleeding...

Crap - it's been over a month since I wrote anything here... even though I don't have anything specific to post up, I'll type something to break the silence. If you're out there reading this stuff - my apologies. With the weather getting colder and our distance from the ocean, I've been retreating to inside stuff and things we can do around the area - not so amphibious. I'll be finishing off some of the gyotaku prints I roughed out before I got back home and maybe even get some framed. With that said, we did take a trip earlier in the month to Virginia Beach. First time I had the truck out in sand and the beaches there were as awesome as ever. No fishing or kayaking (La got to SUP with a good friend) and the kids and I built a sand volcano as usual. We love Virginia Beach more than any other place (with the exception of Japan, San Diego and maybe Oahu), and I am looking forward to the return of warmer weather so I can surf and hook fish with the kids and La (3 months until the tide turns on this one). Until then, I'll be tying a bunch of flies. I got stocked up on tying materials and hooks this weekend from a trip to the Hanover, MD Bass Pro Shop. What a zoo the parking lot was (Black Friday). Makes me kinda disgusted thinking that is what America has become - land of the credit card and home of the ruthless shopper. Anyhow - I'll post pictures of the kayak rail mounts that are going to be installed soon and pictures of the flies that I'll be tying up. If a frigid surf trip emerges, I'll post pictures of that too - the water at Virginia Beach can dip into the 40's - crap that's cold....

No comments: