Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Fishing Part 1

I went to the lake this morning without the kids - figured they needed a break from the non-stop fishing so the magic of it all doesn't get diluted. Anyways - without them, I didn't have to compete against hot dogs (flies don't smell like food no matter how good they look). I tied on a Griffith's Gnat fly and from that point on, I had nothing but unadulterated fun! I paid $0.73 for that fly and I lost count of how many fish (all bluegill) that I caught with it - and most of the takes were rises to surface strikes (still the most awesome thing about flyfishing). I caught at least seven of these big piggie bluegills (top picture). The coloring on the fish in the middle photo was pretty neat. And I threw in the last picture to show that it's fun to catch the little ones too. The Daiwa Soyokaze 27SR continues to produce tremendous results - great little rod that can handle way more than you think it could (if you haven't fished tenkara before).

No comments: