Sunday, May 28, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 5/28/2023

Third session on the Foil Drive.  Things were much better today - I was taking off with more success.  With the advice I got from Dennis and Kalani (moving way forward on the board and stalling on getting up) I was able to ride move waves.


It was definitely crowded - this gear helps get me out of the frustration zone and tapping into energy that almost no other group of wave riders can use.

The swing weight is still something I have to learn to contend with.

I used the neck setup for the first half of the session (I put deck grip on the remote and have been biting down on this and using my tongue to actuate the throttle).  What I really liked about the neck strap was being able to let go and use both of my hands to push off and get to my feet.

The second half of the session, I used the wrist strap that Kalani made.  It also is good - but when paddling in I have to stash the remote somewhere so I can paddle efficiently through the break zone.


This is a totally different sport - almost like tow foiling, but not.  It is a ton of fun regardless.

W:47/F:44/S:28

No comments: