Thursday, May 11, 2023

Evening Session - 5/11/2023

And headed out to grab a few waves.  With the wind down, the tide rising and a bump up in the surf expected, I was figuring this was going to be a great session.

I setup the Progression 170 on No.31 and tried to replicate the last session.  The one change was dropping the mast back just a couple of millimeters.


Those couple of millimeters made a huge difference - for the worse.  I had a slightly harder time pumping back out, and on a few waves it felt like I had to work harder to keep the nose up.

If I go tomorrow, I'll push the mast forward again and see if I get the magic back.


This was still a good session - just not as great as the last one.  And I can't isolate whether it was the waves not being as good, the mast position being further back, or just me sucking.

W:43/F:35/S:27

No comments: