Saturday, May 27, 2023

Garage Works - 5/27/2023

And just when I was going to try and place epoxy on Jimmy's box, Dean called and asked if he could drop off a repair.  This is another Amundson John-O SUP foiling board.  Handle of the paddle hit the nose of the board.

Could have been a lot worse.



I sanded all the cracked carbon and removed anything loose.


I used chopped carbon to make the fill.


And here it is with a carbon patch on top of the chopped carbon.


Just have to wait for the epoxy to harden and this one may actually be done (we shall see)

I got all the sanding done on Jimmy's SUP.


There are some pretty soft spots on both rails.




I'll place strips of carbon along both rails tomorrow.  If that goes well, I'll also lay the cap sheet.  My goal is to get this back to Jimmy on Monday evening.

No comments: