Sunday, May 21, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 5/21/2023

The tradewinds came back today - I pulled a second foiling session over at Hickam (since I had to stop in at work anyways).

The wind was on the light side - there were times I could not get up even with the Eagle 1090 and Reedin SW2 5.2.  Still really fun session!


Nice wind direction.  Harris was out when I pulled in to the parking lot.  Ken was just finishing setting up.

I headed out to Firsts when I started the session.  Nice waves would come in periodically, but eventually the wind started faltering.  I was lucky and made it through the lulls and pulled upwind towards the taxiway.  The F One Eagle 1090 is an incredible foil for winging - I pulled several dry tacks without even really thinking about it.


The image got altered a bit while being saved as a png - I was out from 2:30 to 4 ish so I had decent wind.


Not a bad top end speed considering the wind flowing through the area.


This is Harris's new wing - the F One Strike V3 5.0


Harris was saying this wing was a little light in the low end, but really good at pulling upwind - typical for wings with shallow drafts.


The Strike 5.0 replaced this - the Sling Wing 5.0


W:45/F:41/S:28

No comments: