Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Foil Drive Session - 10/6/2026

When I got home from work, I took a power nap to wait for the wind to back off.

I took a little bit too long of a nap -

The tide had dropped considerably and the waves were at the point where they were closing out on the main break.

Norm was out (and on a Jimmy Lewis trench board).  Roland was also out and messing with an Insta360 X5


This was the perfect setup for today's conditions!!!  No.43 with the AFS Silk 850/USurf 135

I had the motor pod setup on the AFS UHM 75 Skinny mast and these were made for each other - super slippery without any weird mast reactions - pure carving with minimal drag 


I had to go far outside (where the big bombs were going off yesterday) in order to takeoff on waves that would carry me for a bit.  If you stayed too far in the waves would be flatter (and you'd waste more battery building up takeoff speed).


I love it when the waves give you a curved section to do a high speed carving turn on - the S turns on these paths were made possible by the energy peaking the waves and the AFS Silk 850 V1


12 rides in 42 that's a wave every 3.5 minutes!!!!



I absolutely love this setup!!!!

Not sure what tomorrow's conditions will be like.  The forecast calls for southerly winds feeding a building low pressure system to the north of the islands - that'll probably mess up the surf along the south shore (but make for epic conditions up at Mokuleia).

PF:11/W:3/PW:125/FD:67/S:25

No comments: