Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Foil Drive Session - 10/7/2026

I burned a battery today knowing tomorrow is supposed to be pretty stormy.

We had a low tide and some current.  Not intuitive, but a lot of the waves coming through were kinda mushy.  Maybe I was too far out, but there were a lot of surfers in "their" lineup today - so I just kept to myself (and Roland and Ben) over at Foil Drive Country.


Same gear as yesterday - 


This is Roland's setup


There were a lot of clouds moving into the area.  That definitely dampened the wind, but it made foiling harder because I couldn't tell where the water surface was.  I didn't breach, but it seemed like I was going to on a few occassions.


When the waves weren't mushy, they were good and offered some really good carving opportunities.


I got 18 rides from the conditions today.  There are 20 showing - but I know a couple of those were not long at all (as the wave disappeared under my feet). 



Fun session!!!

I'm probably going to take a rest day tomorrow and get the rails fixed on the Gordon's SUP board.

PF:11/W:3/PW:125/FD:68/S:25

No comments: