Thursday, November 11, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 11/11/2021

Solo dawn patrol this morning (Marlon headed up to Kualoa to fly drones with friends).  Swell was shoulder high, glassy conditions and a full tide - perfect for prone foiling!


I brought out the Kujira 1210 mounted on the 4'8" prone.  After catching a few waves, I was feeling like I had to put on more backfoot pressure than I would have liked - I ended up moving the mast forward twice.  It's pretty much in the middle of the box now.  After the last adjustment the board was pretty much balanced.  Weird how for one session the balance was good, then after I have to make some pretty drastic changes.  Even unbalanced, I got some really long rides and several 2 for 1s.  


I did bring the Kujira 980 - after the previous session I was thinking I needed to size down on the front foil.  The waves were nearly the same, but with the adjustment I didn't feel like I was overpowered this time (again - weird because I actually gave the setup more lift).  Here's where the mast ended up - that is a good 1/2" up from where I started.


Great Veteran's Day session!!!

No comments: