Saturday, November 27, 2021

Garage Works - 11/27/2021

After a long afternoon nap, I hit the garage to get the messiest part of the board projects sitting there done (yes I've been stalling).  I got the footstrap insert slots routed out on the new 4'8" wing foiling board.  This was not hard - new builds are easier compared to repairs.


Speaking of repairs - Marvin asked if I could flip the footstrap inserts on a board he bought used.  He also asked if I could fill in the heel dents, fix a ding in the tail, put some anti-dent patches, and laminate a cap sheet over the whole thing.  I already fixed the tail ding.  And today, since I had the router setup, I went ahead and removed the old inserts and opened up the slots for the reinforcement blocks.


I'll fill in the voids with strips of EPS.  Tomorrow I'll epoxy the blocks into both boards and mark out where the strap inserts will go.


And lastly, I took the 32.5" Go Foil mast off the WWFB and setup the Project Cedrus 85cm mast for the Axis ART999 on the ultrashort fuselage.  With the wind forecasted to come up tomorrow, I'll be getting this setup dialed in.  I'll bring the Lift 150 Surf V2 out as well if I have enough time.

No comments: