Sunday, November 14, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 11/13/2021

Friday I decided to stay back and get a bunch of progress in on the garage projects.  I finished fixing the HS1532CS, templated out three more 15" rear stabilizers, and helped La get ready for a yard sale.  The afternoon tide was not good for foiling anyways.

Marlon and I made up for it by dawn patrolling on Saturday.  I used the same setup that I have been - 4'8" prone board, Kujira 1210 and the rear stabilizer I just made for Marvin (I needed to test it to make sure it was good to go - which it totally is) 


We were on a time table - I had to take Noe to Driving Class (even though she already knows how to drive).  I also had to give back the HS1532CS and pick up a Lift HA25 stabilizer.  

Back to the waves - the session was kind of weird - the tide was rising so the waves should have been good, but they were hard to catch.  I was able to catch a handful so it was time well spent.  Tim told me a story of a guy getting his foot cut open from the top across the ankle up at Puena Point.  The guy was duck diving and the board shot back at him tail first after botching the dive.  Not good.

No comments: