Sunday, November 14, 2021

Dawn Patrol and the Double Session - 11/14/2021

I pulled double duty today.  Opened up with another time constrained dawn patrol session (this is a weird picture of Marlon - my phone couldn't handle the low light situation).  The surf was definitely smaller... tide was low at 0.6' (so you would have thought there would have been more breaking waves), and glassy conditions.  I caught a handful and had to call it - I had an 8:00 appointment to sell my Armstrong HS1850.  


Right after the discussion I had with the guy who bought the HS1850, Greg and his family drove up to the house so I could get him the 5'2" prone foiling board and a lesson on how to prone foil.  This second session was totally opposite of the dawn patrol.  1.6' high tide, stiff onshore breeze (associated with a squall coming through - and yes it was strong enough to wing but too onshore to do), and a sizeable swell pushing through.

I caught a bunch of waves and was ripping.  I was able to pump out the back of most of my waves - but the wind would slow me down to the point of stopping.  I did get a few two for ones, but not as many as I could have if the wind weren't as strong as it was.  Greg total got up on foil - at least three decently long waves.  Must have been a good coach that he had....


I'm glad I had the second session.

No comments: