Saturday, November 6, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 11/4/2021

The trades finally came back today!  I've had the Ocean Rodeo Glide 5.0 in full aluula for a bit now.  So long that I had a chance to inflate test it, found a leak in the strut, sent it back and had a replacement sent out. The wind has been down for almost 2 weeks... needless to say I was really excited to be able to get the new wing out to test it.

The tide was favorable for winging at 1.3' and there was some background energy rolling through - maybe thigh high - but I'm not complaining.

Marlon came out and took drone footage.  WWFB, using the PNL185 and obviously the OR Glide.







The wing pulls upwind so well.


Most of the time I did not see any whitecaps.


You can pretty much correlate the lulls with the black spots in the speed graph below.

For as inconsistent and fluky as the wind was, it was totally awesome to get back out and to try a new wing (that does not suck).

No comments: