Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 11/29/2021

Yesterday's session was another experimental run.  This time it was the Lift 150 Surf V2 with the 25 Rear Stabilizer.  Same wing as last time, same mast, same board.


The bolts stayed tight on this setup so no issues there.  Where there were things to consider was on the water, this is really a small foil - front and rear stabilizer.  At just over 960 cm2, this is a smaller front foil than I normally use by a large margin.  I had brought it out thinking the wind would be much stronger than it was.  I had to move the foil all the way to the front of the boxes.


The wind had more North in it and it was gusting.  Not apparently the conditions where I do my best.  A lot of blue (slow motion) in the tracks below.
 

When I did manage to get up on foil, this setup moved fast.  It took me a few runs before I was able to get the transitions - but once I was, I could tack without coming down.

If there would have been more, steadier wind, I think this foil would have shined.  I think this one is going to be a work in progress - I think the 25 rear stabilizer is too small (unless it is nuking) - so using the adapter for bolting on different rear stabilizers will offer some alternatives.


I wish the strong steady winds would return... this soft, swirly stuff is driving me nuts.

No comments: