Monday, November 8, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 11/7/2021

Sunday morning dawn patrol - Marlon brought his longboard and I had the 4'8" prone board with the Kujira 1210 on the 75cm.  The tide was super high at +2.5'.  The wind was light, but the water was still a little choppy and the swell was weird - it was hard to catch the head high breakers.  I did manage to catch a few, but the bigger outside ones were a little too big for the 1210 (overpowered - had to focus hard on working the foil).  Probably should have changed out the front foil to the 980.


Matt was out on what looked like an Axis ART999.  He had multiple rides where he was gliding around on nothing waves.  He did look like he was having a harder time picking up the steeper waves.  

I did catch a bunch of fun rides, but I definitely think I would have had a better time on the 980 (I just didn't know the waves would have that much juice).


Good fun!

No comments: