I thought this afternoon would have been closer to what conditions were present yesterday afternoon -
If did not shape up to be that way - smaller, less frequent waves and stronger winds. In fact Norm, Derek and myself kept thinking we could be using the wind to foil.
Based on conditions solely, I would have set up the Enduro 900/Mako 130.
But wanting to compare the Silk 850 against the Cabrinha Whippit 850, the Silk it was.
Out the gate, the Silk has more grip (drive?) and releases just when I want it to. I can lean into this foil coming out of a bottom turn and I know it will hold position while driving through the turn.
There were some good waves still to be had - but it is hard to say if the higher speed on the Whippit yesterday was from the waves or the foil.
This is 3 mph slower - but again, would this be a higher number if the surf was bigger.
16 rides again!
Tomorrow the remnants of Hurricane Fausto pass to the north of the island chain. I'm gonna take a rest day tomorrow and work on No.44
PF:9/W:3/PW:86/FD:57/S:20
No comments:
Post a Comment