Thursday, July 23, 2026

Parawing Session - 7/23/2026

It was blowing at Hickam - but it was up and down.

The waves were gear smashing size (breaking over the runway revetment) - so I just stayed inside. 


The other lunch bunch said they were overpowered on 4.2 wings

I used the Flysurfer POW V2 4.0 for power and No.34 with the Cabrinha Prestige 905/160 rear stabilizer (78cm Apex mast).


Along with the up and downs with wind strength, it was also a bit shifty (typical - not as wide swinging as it has been). 


The down loops are great on this parawing.  The tacks in lighter wind are also good - but that wasn't the case today.  I tried tacking a few times but got slammed on the way out of the transition.

And getting up with this parawing is still eluding me....

If I go tomorrow (at lunch), I'll use the BRM S3 4.2 to see if it is different or if it is still difficult (which means it is the wind).

I'm guessing the S3 will be easier to get up with (because it has a massive sweet spot).


On foil already, the Flysurfer is pure magic.  I think I could have been on the Flysurfer POW 2.5 (which maybe that is the parawing I should use tomorrow instead of the BRM) 


These down periods are lulls below the start up threshold of the POW V2 4.0


It is really nice to have an option to just chillax when the entire south shore is getting body slammed (the last time I went out at PVs in conditions like this - it was one of those days when I started praying to get back to shore...)

PF:9/W:3/PW:82/FD:55/S:20

No comments: