This was the beach when I first arrived - whitecaps everywhere!!!
I thought I had made a mistake by bringing the AFS Enduro 1100/HA40.
But I had this sneaking suspicion that something would change...
Side note - I ordered this version of a retractable leash. Going to have to attach this in different places to find something that feels like I'm not wearing a leash.
So this was the biggest bait and switch I've seen in quite some time.
As I paddled out I could see the wind evaporating.
There was a breeze still blowing on the water to make things worse.
I bobbed around for an hour hoping the wind would pick back up. It never did - the picture below is trying to show just how little wind there was.
And there is the inflection point where the wind died off to below BRN S3 5.3 levels.
What a difference 30 minutes can make....
I had thought if I could just catch one wave and ride it up on foil, then I would be avoiding the skunk session.
After a few attempts - I did catch one, popped up on foil and did ride it most of the way in.
I'll take the win with the prone foiling ride on the big gear!
PF:10/W:3/PW:86/FD:57/S:20


No comments:
Post a Comment