Friday, July 31, 2026

Parawing Session - 7/31/2026

Strong winds today!!!

But the same thing that happened yesterday started to happen again (wind drop before I paddle out).

I did not trust the wind so I brought both the S3 5.3 and the 4.2

Kalani only brought his 4.3 - he got up pretty fast, and I was overpowered on the 5.3 (and almost immediately stowed it and brought out the 4.2)


Trying to make sure I have the Silks dialed in for the upcoming Gorge trip!

Silk 1050 with the 152 rear stabilizer.


Today was actually really good for riding powered, jibing and retracting, riding with no wind power, and trying to redeploy.

I was batting maybe 50% on the redeploys - but Prayot said he was getting 90%.


More east in the wind!!!  And not as much swirling (still some).

The waves were chest to just overhead on the sets.  I think we all caught a few bombs each.  The Silk 1050 is so forgiving - and rips so hard at the same time!!!  When the faces have some steepness, the Silks are it!


I actually could have used a 3.4 (which I just received from BRM today - I'll definitely try it tomorrow).


The falls were almost all botched redeploys.  I am working on how to manage the lines after initial takedown.  Once I get that squared away, my redeploys should be much better.

I'm just happy to get the super fun, uber long prone rides (without paddling to get into the wave)!!!


Smaller foils and smaller parawing testing tomorrow!!!

PF:10/W:3/PW:87/FD:57/S:20

No comments: