Thursday, April 22, 2021

Mid Day Session - 4/22/2021

I did get out today for a couple of hours.  It was a little windy (but it would have been marginal winging), but the tide was favorable for taking out the Armstrong foil and there was surf coming in around waist high.


And here is the setup.  I originally set the mast up way forward - pretty much where I have the CF1200/300 set up.  I got 5 waves with that configuration, after which I went ahead and pulled the mast back a couple of notched.  I caught 3 on that setting, then decided to pull it back some more.  This was pretty much where the HS1250/232 would normally be set up.  Finally, I took it back a little further and there it stays for now.


I caught three notable waves today.  First was the pump back out ride - after riding a wave towards the beach, I pulled off the wave and started pumping out.  Once up and going, this front foil definitely moves with little user in put.  The last adjustment made the foil behave better - but this foil did not have the normal "carry" that I've become accustomed to - so much so that on two separate waves, I was riding and suddenly dropped off foil.  This front foil definitely can move, but you need to keep your speed up.  More to follow on this - 

No comments: